I am not into loads of meal preparation while creating a menu for two. I prepared a mini buffet for the Christmas 2020. The lasagna chicken parmesan rollup was easy enough to prepare and a nice small meal item to use on a self serve food bar. Two chicken breasts sliced into pieces were used to create the chicken parmesan portion of this meal. Here is my recipe….I do believe that you will find it a great items to use as a menu tool when you run out of home meal ideas.
2 ea chicken breasts (sliced across the breast)
1 package of Mozzarella cheese slices
1 package of lasagna noodles (fully cooked, rinsed and shaken dry)
1 8-oz package fresh mozzarella balls
20 ounces of spaghetti sauce (my recipe https://www.chefgosselin.com/archives/191)
1 cup grated parmesan cheese
2 cups seasoned bread crumbs
2 cups flour
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp dried basil
1/2 tsp dried parsley
1/4 tsp powdered garlic
2 cups cooking oil
Prepare chicken parmesan using the following steps:
- Slice chicken across the breast
- Create a flour dredge platter by placing 1 cup of flour, salt per taste, black powder per taste, garlic powder, dried basil, dried oregano and dried parsley in a bowl and giving it a quick mix. You can dredge right in a bowl or pour the flour mix onto a platter like I do.
- Dredge the sliced chicken breast
- Create an egg wash by cracking two eggs into a bowl and whisking well. Dip all your floured chicken in the egg wash and coat well both sides.
- Pre heat the cooking oil in a 10-12 in skillet to a medium heat
- Create a parmesan cheese and bread crumb mix and place on a second platter. Coat all the egg covered chicken with the bread crumb mix and place in hot oil.
- Fry until golden brown on both sides.
- Set chicken aside and allow to cool
Fry chicken until golden brown on both sides.
Prepare the lasagna rollup by placing:
- one cooked lasagna noodle on a flat surface.
- mozzarella cheese slice on the lasagna noodle
- tablespoon of spaghetti sauce on noodle and the chicken parmesan piece
- Roll up and place in a spaghetti sauced baking dish
Roll up laying in a sauced baking dish.
Continue assembling the rollup and placing them in the baking dish until you have exhausted your supply of chicken or noodles. Top with the remaining spaghetti sauce and the mozzarella cheese balls.
Bake in 350F degree oven for approximately 35 min or until the sauce is bubbling around your rollups. Serve with garlic crostinis and top with more grated parmesan cheese.
Enjoy…. these are delicious and can be frozen for use in later meals. So make extras and place in freezer baggies after they have cooled and put in the freezer. They will stay up to 60 days.