Mashed Potato Pancakes (Pennsylvania Dutch Style)
I have recently been depriving myself of carbs in attempt to lose some weight. Well I made these awesome mashed potato pancakes for my gal from some left over mashed potatoes and I slipped up on my diet since Thanksgiving (hehehehehe). Here is a great way to make use of that wonderful mashed potato recipe you made earlier in the week and offer them as a great breakfast or dinner side.
2 cups cold mashed potatoes
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 tbsp flour
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tbsp chopped onion
- In a mixing bowl place mashed potatoes, eggs, flour, and garlic powder
- Blend ingredients together using a big spoon
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat
- Use spoon big serving spoon to place potato batter into hot oiled skillet
- Fry potato mixture, pressing with a spatula to flatten evenly.
- Cook until crispy brown and then flip
- Transfer to paper towel covered platter to drain
- Serve hot with sour cream.